Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Exercise Excuses

Actual excuses I have used this week to avoid going to the gym:
  • It's too cold outside
  • I'm tired
  • It's too nice outside (to be cooped up inside the gym)
  • It's far (my gym is 7 minutes from my house)
  • It's crowded
  • I have too much to do
  • I had sex this morning/last night, so I've done my workout for the day
All my excuses seem valid to me, but dammit, thinking myself thin just isn't working so hot these days and I need to be bikini ready for our August trip to California.  Apparently, I'm not the only one with weight loss on the brain. Oh, and I think I will pass on HM's regimen for losing two pounds in twelve hours.  It's just not for me.  

Your turn: What's your favorite gym excuse? How do you bust out of an exercise rut?  

No comments: