Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Midweek Meme

A meme close to my heart on a day close to the New Year. I resolve to eat less cake, run farther and knit more. I'm tagging Sarah because she's a fellow runner, knitter and mistress of mayhem.

1. Are you a yarn snob? Do you avoid Red Heart, Lion Brand, etc... or is it all the same to you? I am definitely a yarn snob. I only buy my yarn at the yarn store. The staff is knowledgeable, they have an amazing selection of knitting books, and there is usually a house animal to keep the kiddos occupied while I grab as much yarn as I can.

2. Do you spin? Crochet? Nope.

3. How long have you been knitting? 2.5 years

4. What other crafts do you like to do? Ugh....none. I consider myself "anti-craft."

5. What are your favorite yarns to knit with? Brown Sheep (bulky & worsted), Manos del Uruguay, Cashmerino, Baby Alpaca, Washable wool

6. What are your favorite needles to knit with? Bamboo

7. What's your favorite knitting gadget? The ball winder.

8. What fibers do you absolutely NOT like? Scratchy acrylic. Yuck!

9. What are your favorite items to knit? Everything is fun to knit! I just love the process of creating something out of fiber.

10. What are you knitting right now? Nothing. The sticks are quiet.

11. What do you think about ponchos? I think I don't knit them.

12. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Either one but definitely circulars for hats.

13. Are you a sock knitter? Yes.

14. How did you learn to knit? I learned garter stitch from a law school buddy and the rest from various knitting books.

15. What is -and how old is- your oldest UFO (Unfinished Object)? A pullover for Olie that I started at the beginning of Fall soccer (September).


No comments: