Wednesday, January 3, 2007

Midweek Meme

My "Year in Review" meme is a little late but still quite timely. I balked at featuring the popular "Five Things" meme that is going around right now because a sistah has to have some secrets. So, read up and enjoy. You are IT!

1.
What did you do in 2006 that you'd never done before? Sold a house I owned.

2. Did you keep your New Year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year? Yes. I resolved to laugh more and I think I was able to do that.

3. Did anyone close to you give birth? No.

4. Did anyone close to you die? No.

5. What countries did you visit? Sadly, I did not leave the country.

6. What would you like to have had in 2006 that you lacked in 2005? More law school credits

7. What date from 2006 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 26th because that is the date we closed on a house I LOVE.

8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Being a meaningful presence in my children's lives despite all the demands on my time.

9. What was your biggest failure? Not spending enough time with my husband.

10. Did you suffer illness or injury? No, thank goodness.

11. What were the best things you bought? A new house.

12. Where did most of your money go? See #7 and #11

13. What did you get really, really, really excited about? The Subaru B9 Tribeca.

15. What do you wish you'd done more of? Skiing

16. What do you wish you'd done less of? Worrying

17. How did you spend Christmas? With my family.

18. Did you fall in love in 2006? Nope. I've been in love a long time, now.

19. How many one-night stands? None

20. What was your favorite TV program? Lost

21. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year? Yes.

22. What was the best book you read? Real Boys...no, wait...Lolita....no...The United States of Walmart...oh, oh, oh, Uninsured in America. What can I say, I like books. A lot.

23. What did you want and get? See #7, #11, #12

24. What did you want and not get? A 26" iMac

25. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I spent my thirtieth birthday with my husband and children. We had a lovely time.

26. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Graduating from law school.

27. What kept you sane? Zoloft

28. What political issue stirred you the most? The Iraqi war

29. Who did you miss? Lara

30. Who was the best new person you met? J.B., she's wonderful and real

31. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2006: Life is too short to spend one minute (or, in my case, three years) in someplace that you hate.

No comments: