Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Taking Stock

As I sit here at my kitchen table on Thanksgiving Eve, staring out the window at our snow covered backyard, sipping a cup of TheraFlu and listening to low gurgling sounds emanating from my stockpot, I am at once phlegmatic and full of phlegm. The latter the result of a mystery virus, but the former because my life - with all it's peaks and valleys - is pretty damn good:

  • My family is healthy (when not befallen by some mystery illness);
  • I own a house I love in a beautiful state I hope to never leave;
  • Both my parents are still alive;
  • I have a job that inspires me and allows me the flexibility I need to breathe;
  • And I have a wonderful husband that loves me in spite of all my quirks and faults.

This Thanksgiving, my advice to you is: be humble, be thankful, be with the people you love and be sure to tell them how much you appreciate them. Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: