Tuesday, August 26, 2008

I'm Either a Major Slacker or a Genius

I ain't even gonna lie: my schedule is ridiculously light this semester. I'm enrolled in only three classes, one on Mondays and Wednesdays and two on Tuesday and Thursday. 

The exams should be cake, too.  I have one paper, one week long take home final, and one traditional in class, closed book exam, but it's a substantive subject about which volumes of information are readily available so I'm not too worried.  And let's be real, it is only the second week of classes.  My hardcore worrying doesn't really kick in until at least a few days before final exams.   

Oh, and did I mention that only one of my professors takes attendance? And as an added bonus, the attendance requirement is in the class that meets infrequently because it's a writing class so we get lots of free class periods to schlep around all day in our pajamas write.  Plus, since my writing class is the M/W class, on the days we are "writing," I have NO class.  Nice. 

I had considered an internship but quickly dismissed that idea because an internship would have created too much of a burden on my time. Besides, at this point in my legal academic career, thoughts of working in the legal field make me want to slit my wrists.  My sole focus is getting out of law school with my sanity still intact and I've got to tell you, it's a struggle every damn day.

But I'm pretty happy with my schedule.  There is ample free time built into it and, oddly enough, I actually feel slightly motivated to go to classes, probably because there are so few of them.  I mean, seriously, I'm only in class eight hours per week.  Hell, birthing my first child took longer than eight hours so I'm good.  I'm just counting down to the end of the semester, eight hours at a time.  

3 comments:

Kevin McKeever said...

Is that "writing like a lawyer" class or "writing so people understand your point" class? Most lawyers need the latter.

LawSchoolMom said...

It's a "writing so other lawyers can understand your point" class.

-atomik kitten said...

Meaning "learning to write with just enough legalese to look smart, but not so much they can screw up your meaning" class.

Hello. I'm a new reader...taking the LSAT in either December or Feb. (haven't decided yet) and mom of two boys.