Friday, September 26, 2008

Seperate and Unequal

It's small, Swiss made, and red; It is a must-have for the mobile preschool set.



But the injection of a Sigg water bottle into Bubba's benign collection of blue tinted Nalgene bottles was first met with trepidation, then all out resistance.

"I don't like it!"

"I want my other water bottle."

"I don't want it! Take it away."

I reminded Bubba how he had pined for this very water bottle.

"No, I never said I wanted it. I don't want it! I don't like it!"

And so the little red water bottle full of chocolate milk sits in the fridge waiting for the day when my petulant almost-four-year-old preschooler decides, "Hey, I really do like this bottle and now that I've decided I like it, it must ALWAYS be full of chocolate milk forever and ever amen, or I will immediately HATE it and go straight back to blue Nalgenes."

No comments: