Monday, February 27, 2006

My Mad Mom

It's official. My mother has cut off all communications with me. I turned the big 3-0 the Sunday before last and nothing. Zip. Nada. No phone call. No birthday card. No fuck you. Nothing.

We did have a huge row over the holidays because she thinks I'm a bad mom, a bad wife and yuppie scum for shopping at Whole Foods and driving a minivan. Whatevah.

Really, the fight was all about her and how I wouldn't do what she wanted me to do, which was make her holiday dinner and celebrate her traditions. Newsflash, mom! I have my own family and we like to ski over the holidays and go see the lights at the zoo even though it's -10 degrees out. It's what we do! We do it every year. And every year you complain about it, yet you still come to visit and complain about the gifts we bought for you (that you asked for!).

Come to think of, this whole incommunicado thing isn't so bad. It's definitely less stressful. Hmm...maybe this year, she'll stay at home.

No comments: