Monday, March 27, 2006

Silent Lucidity

Wow...I just noticed that it's been a long time since my last post. Kinda strange considering I don't have a whole lot of other stuff going on. But there is one exciting new development! I have finally found peace and it's name is Zoloft. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I admit it. I have always been one of the naysayers who believed depressed people could will themselves to feel better. It was only a matter of changing one's perspective. Not that there aren't people who really need to be medicated. I just felt as though we as a nation are at the point where we are over medicating. I still feel that way but now I count myself among those who have found salvation through anti-depressants.

I've always been prone to depression and the baby blues were worse after each pregnancy. But lately, I've changed. I yell A LOT for no reason at everyone. Little things like waiting in line or grocery shopping annoy me. I'm just on edge all the time. So, I talked to my doctor about it and she gave me some samples of Zoloft for the next two weeks to see how I feel. So far. So good. This stuff is great. I don't feel anxious. I'm more relaxed and I feel like I can just enjoy my day. And, I'm only on half a pill (quarter of a dosage) right now. I wonder what a full dose will be like? For now, though, I'm just happy to see some kind of change. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: