Tuesday, October 3, 2006

Life in a Coma

For the most part, Zoloft is the little blue pill of miracles. Of course, if you are at all like me then you can never remember to take it at the same time each day and one day drags into the next day and into the next day and then - well - you're crazy and have to start all over again. That's me - crazy and starting a new round with the miracle pill.

So far so bad. I had blocked out the bone-crushing fatigue and the general feeling that can only be described as hazy. Today, I took a two hour nap with Bubba. It was so nice. Really, taking Zoloft is like being permanently baked every single day of your life except without the munchies and without the stigma. I'm not lazy or irresponsible just depressed! Although, either one or both together is really a-ok in this fair city of mine.

I am still waiting for the "good" side effect to kick in: the insane weight loss. But, as of today, I still have a serious jones for Entemanns' brownies and my ass still has its own zip code. All in due time, I suppose.


No comments: