Friday, October 6, 2006

Week Rounded Out - 10.6.06

This week was a week of changes and new discoveries for us:

I became part of a really exciting new venture that will help promote my business. All the women involved are really gifted, talented people who are totally dedicated to making this thing of ours work and I'm so thrilled to be a part of it all.

I've also landed another wonderful opportunity that doesn't require me to entertain a toddler, while folding laundry and scheduling pediatric appointments. As you can see it's already an improvement over my current job, though I wouldn't trade Bubba's slobbery kisses for all the money in the world.

And, speaking of Bubba, he discovered a swell new game called Stump the Mama, which consists of him pointing to some object and asking "Wut tat, mommy?' Usually, I can answer (your nose) but sometimes he does, indeed, stump me (um...congealed fish eyes?). It's an adorable game and I am constantly in awe of how much knowledge his little brain holds. And, his new ability to say No-ah complete with eye roll.

The Colorado Bar Exam results were posted this week. Some of my friends passed and some of my friends failed. I sent all of them congratulations for a job well done and - especially to the ones who failed - words of encouragement. I know they'll rock that exam come February!

This is Homecoming Weekend so let's hope the Buffaloes don't embarrass themselves too badly. I'm not attending the Pep Rally because (a) I'm more than five years out of college and (b) I don't want to get maced when things go horribly wrong as they tend to do when drunk college students congregate. However, I will be cheering on the team from the safety of my living room.

A confession: I pray that my Fantasy Football team crushes Madhubby's team this week. You pray for me, too. Y'hear? What's your Fantasy?

And, finally, a little something to celebrate your week. Go on, put your records on and dance the weekend away!

No comments: