Thursday, May 17, 2007

Paint Snob

My summer has officially started and you know what that means: time to do a little home improvement! First up is repainting the interior of our home. The whole thing because I am a self-proclaimed paint snob and prefer only high quality paints like Ralph Lauren, Kwal, Behr or Benjamin Moore.

My snobbishness has a practical aspect to it since these paint brands tend to withstand repeated washings of sticky fingerprints a lot better than, say, Wal-Mart paint, which is what currently covers my walls. In a nutshell: Wal-Mart's store brand paint (Color Place) sucks. The paint actually peels away when I lightly wash it and it looks terrible and cheap. Sticky fingerprints and remnants of toy truck battles mar my walls and I'm thisclose to seeing only the primer coat, so its time to chuck the old paint and start over - one room at a time.

No comments: