Sunday, July 15, 2007

Dreaming of Revenge

Last night I had a law school related dream which never happens. Sure, I want to do well but I don't stress out about classes to the point of dreaming about them! Class is already a nightmare experience. I'll be damned if I let arrogant profs and stupid people get inside my head, too.

Back to this dream: It was Judges' Day at school, an event where a few judges hold oral arguments at the law school, but for some reason the entire appellate judiciary was there. Wide-eyed gunners were lined up around the block to shake hands with the judges, to discuss random legal dictum and to ask the judges their opinions of various current events. I was heading away from the line and to my car when I heard someone call my name. I turned to look and it was an appellate judge on whose committee I serve. He waved me over and congratulated me on the great job I had done on a recent project. You could see the gunner beside me - a person with whom I had the displeasure of sharing my first-year section - turn green with envy. I awoke completely refreshed.

No comments: