Friday, July 20, 2007

My Latte Factor

Remember Oprah's flavor of the month, Richard Bachman? He often preached about the downward financial spiral brought upon by lattes or those incidental purchases that people make on a daily basis. His theory in a nutshell: incidental purchases can break you. Well, I don't do lattes (chai, maybe, but no coffee), but I do dig a good burrito.

I'd forgotten to eat breakfast one morning as we rushed to violin lesson and from that day forward, my "latte factor" was spawned: a breakfast burrito with eggs, potatoes, cheese, chorizo, and green chili from the little kiosk at The Dairy. It's heaven in a tortilla for $4.50. That's like a gazillion times more than it costs to make the darn thing, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't buy one today - at 3:30 in the afternoon. Yeah, it's that good.

No comments: