Monday, October 22, 2007

60 Minutes of My Life That I Will Never Get Back

I'd heard the rumblings:
  • Ticket brokers will get all the tickets with their super-fast servers
  • Tickets will sell out in twelve minutes
  • The Montforts are keeping all the tickets and re-selling them on Ebay
Still, I thought I'll get through. Yeah, I must have been seriously trippin' because tickets are all sold out according to the local media.

I'm so disappointed that I didn't get tickets and I'm also pretty pissed-off at those Red Sox fans who are gloating on craigslist about the bungled online ticket sale and how they now have loads of Coors Field tickets because the Brothers Montfort didn't think to require a zip code/credit card verification - or - I don't know allow only Coloradans to purchase tickets before the rest of the country (like the Broncos do during the playoffs).

Oh, well. It's done. Tickets are sold-out. The Hippie DINKs are hosting a Halloween party on Saturday so that will ease the pain a bit. And, the bright side? I don't have to worry about Madhubby being exposed as a member of the Red Sox Nation amid a crowd of 17,000 Rockies fans.


**Update - Nearly all the tickets ARE still available. The server just crashed. 8.5 million hits in 90 minutes will do that a site. Right now, tickets sales have been suspended but will resume later. So, we may have a chance. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, good luck!!

LawSchoolMom said...

Ticket sales resume today at noon so I'm hoping for a miracle (and a fast connection :)