Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Operation: Dinner In (March Recap)

Last month, I changed my grocery shopping strategy and I have noticed a few more dollars in our bank account. This month's food bill came to:

Groceries: $528.65
Dining:
$581.30

As you can see, our expenditures for "dining" and "groceries" are nearly even, which is what I would like to see every month. Usually, the numbers are heavily weighted towards the dining category, but dining out has always been a large part of our budget because (a) we are lazy people and (b) ordering out/in is convenient.

I did not try Door to Door Organics
this month and I probably will not until next winter because The Boulder Farmers Market opens this weekend; I can buy produce there well into the fall. Yes, the fruits and vegetables will be more expensive - and we tend to buy a lot when we go - but being at BFM is a great way to spend a Saturday morning.

No comments: