Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The Flipside of Summer

I dropped Trusts and Estates because I did not find the subject matter all that interesting plus I can still graduate within a reasonable time frame with minimal effort without T&E. I have no regrets whatsoever about shirking that giant of class. There is time for it later, if I so choose, and T&E seems like one of those courses that is easily learned during a CLE (maybe two) and not during the summer when there are other, more entertaining, options

Work is made wonderful mostly because of the flexible nature of my job. The pay could be better but it's competitive for a public servant. Plus, I've gotten two raises since starting there three-and-a-half years ago, so I can't complain too loudly. I still have the odd in-office meeting that sometimes doesn't jibe with home life, but the rest of my time is spent researching, writing position papers, and networking. For summer, I'm up to 20 hours per week instead of the usual 12-15, which is fine with me because I really don't want more hours than that because of my family responsibilities and our summer schedule.

No comments: