Saturday, November 29, 2008

Change of Plans


I did not finish my legal writing assignment Wednesday night so I did not go skiing Thursday morning. We were lazy on T-day. We schlepped around the house for awhile, then hit the Denver Museum of Nature and Science; the kids loved the new Dinosaurs exhibit. Later, my mom came over: we ate turkey, ham, sweet potatoes, collard greens, cornbread dressing, potato salad, macaroni and cheese, Lemon Iced Pound cake, Pecan Pie, and Red Velvet cake. It was an obscene amount of food for six people and we still have a fully stocked fridge.

I finally put that beast of a paper to bed yesterday morning. So when I awoke to snow this morning, I was eager to hit the slopes. A quick call to my mom to arrange care for the kiddos and Madhubby and I were on our way up the mountain.

It was very, very cold up there. Twenty-two degrees, snowing, and wind speeds topping ten miles per hour froze the strip of skin between the top of my goggles and hat. Snow stuck to my neck gaiter and my feet were feeling the chill but I felt pretty good after a few runs. The wind never really abated but the crowds were thin and the lifts were running so I was in a happy place.

We skied for a few hours and made it home in time for the Iron Bowl where the Tide crushed Auburn (ROLL TIDE)! My ski clothes are drying and it's still snowing in the mountains so maybe (hopefully) there will be another ski outing tomorrow.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That sounds like a blast!

I haven't been on skis in 10 (11?) years.