Wednesday, March 11, 2009

FTW

Remember the Motion That Could Actually Change Someone's Life? Well, the motions hearing was yesterday and ... we WON! The courtroom was an emotional place. The clients were crying, their witnesses were crying, and counsel, well, we were holding it together but just barely. 

The court's ruling is huge for these clients. It has given them closure after two years of fighting a certain state agency. Finally, they can move forward with their lives and I did that for them; my motion helped them win. I don't mean to gloat but I feel pretty damn good about this outcome.  

I still have some doubts as to whether litigation is the right path for me but, I must admit, I like the competition. And winning? It rocks. 

4 comments:

korinda said...

Wow, so I'm thinking of law school (I'm not a mommy yet) and I'm planning to take the LSAT in June. I've been going back and forth in my head about whether or not I really want to do this, but just reading this entry that your hard work paid off several fold to help a family in need really set me in the right direction. It has got to feel really good that you helped save this family's quality of life. Thank you for what you do.

sorel top said...

Winning rocks; losing sucks. I recently had a case reversed by the state supreme court after I won at the trial court and won at the court of appeals. Now we're back in the trial court after 5 years!! Enjoy the wins while you got them.

Andrea said...

Congratulations! What a great feeling.

Cat said...

Congrats! I'm also considering Family Law. One of my undergrad degrees is Family Ministries. I"m very supportive of families, but am not religious.