Sunday, July 30, 2006

The Devil Wears Spandex

Rodney Yee is the devil in spandex. This morning he kicked my butt with thirty minutes of Ashtanga/Power Yoga. Of course, I didn't put up too much of a fight. I am on quest to reclaim my body from my children. So far, I am losing that battle. I think Ben & Jerry are in collusion with my kids. Still, I persevere. I must. I have a 40 gallon plastic tub of Lucky jeans that want to see the light of day again.

B.K. (before kids) my exercise routine was - well - routine. Up at 5 or 6am and off to the gym for sixty to ninety minutes. Home, shower, and off to school or work and back to the gym for an evening workout. I was a self proclaimed gym rat. Even after Lizzie, my schedule was pretty much the same except I would get to the gym around 8am, when the childcare center opened. Pretty much the same with Olie. Then, BAM! Bubba and his "I-hate-the-gym-and-everyone-in-it disposition" completely threw me for a loop and - well - almost two years later I am still at my 40-weeks-gestation-weight and hatin' life like no other.

I was a thin, hot mama. Now, my sexy has been sapped. My Lucky jeans are packed away and I've gone two summers (two!) without baring my bikini belly. I wouldn't want to frighten the small children at the pool. Hell, who am I kidding? I wouldn't want to frighten the adults! So, I'm on a quest. I must lose this weight by ski season because I am so not buying bibs in size cow.*

Any readers out there recently start an exercise plan? If so, maybe we can motivate each other.


*I have plenty of cute ski clothes packed away as it is and my frugal inner self cringes at the thought of shelling out hundreds more dollars because I have no willpower.

No comments: