Saturday, November 11, 2006

More Progress

Three-fourths of my IP outline is complete. I need to finish my Patent law section and add some information about non-compete agreements and trade secrets. We're continuing our coverage of Trademarks in class, so that section is coming along nicely.

I don't think I'm going to do an outline for Remedies. A few read-throughs of my notes, and some hypos, and I should be okay. The exam is a closed book, multiple choice exam, which is a step-up from our true/false midterm (that was so much fun). Ten questions. Two hours. It shouldn't be too much of a problem.

And, for those of you who are interested, my class schedule for next semester is:

Administrative Law
Labor Law
Evidence
Property
OSHA Law

and I'm currently waitlisted for Employment Discrimination Law (which might replace Labor Law).

I'm leaning heavily towards employment law because of my extensive Human Resources background; I was an HR Manager in my previous life. I've taken Survey of Employment Law and it wasn't too horrible. It was actually quite enjoyable.

Contracts is another field I find really interesting especially since Remedies has turned out to be such a good class, with lots of good substantive law and interesting cases to boot! But, can I just work on contracts? I think so but I might find the work...what's the word? Boring. Tedious. Leading to suicidal urges. Okay, that's a bit strong, but really, ten or twelve hours a day reviewing contracts? No, thank you. I'll take advocating for the wrongfully terminated employee any day of the week.

Of course, since I aspire to crazy money, my client will more likely be the shameful, greedy corporation that orchestrated the termination. So, I'll have to find someway to assuage my guilt at working on the (arguably) wrong side of the fence. Pro Bono work and shopping should do the trick. Lots of both.

1 comment:

Zuska said...

yeah, pro bono work is my plan. fortunately, my future firm does a good bit of it, and i think i'll be okay ?????