Thursday, May 31, 2007

Just Like Home Except Without the Raw Sewage

With only an hour to spare, I sped over to the montessori school and deposited a large chunk of money with them. The director met me at the door, hugged me, and inquired after Lizzie whom she has not seen in seven years. It was then that I knew we had made the right choice to enroll Bubba. My worries about his incomplete toilet training were also allayed by a simple: no problem, we'll continue his toilet learning here. Just make sure he's on the right path.

Then I went home. To basement drains overflowing with toilet paper and other stuff disgusting enough to afflict even the iron stomach of Madhubby. Some days, like when sewage backs up into your finished basement, home ownership really sucks. Yesterday had me seriously thinking about selling this house instead of leasing it, but Madhubby thinks once the sewer line is snaked, it will be all good again. I hope so because, honestly, I don't know how many more big checks I can write without completely losing my sh*t.

Update: the plumber is here now and there is no way in hell I am going anywhere near his work site. As the mom of three children, I've already seen enough poo to last me a lifetime.

No comments: