Saturday, November 17, 2007

Fickle

Last weekend I went on a mission to replace some of my solid kitchen cabinet doors with glass doors. I measured the old doors, feverishly made note of the dimensions, and trawled through three local resource stores (building material thrift stores) before hitting upon the right combination.

On Saturday, I applied two primer coats to on one side of my "new" cabinet doors. Then, two primer coats on the other side. Sunday: two top coats on one side. Then, two top coats on the other side. By Monday, I had decided I no longer wanted glass front cabinet doors. So, on Tuesday, I stored the primed, painted, and still blue-taped doors in the basement where they will remain until I either decide (a) I really do want glass cabinet doors or (b) I donate them.

No comments: