Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Pineapples to Pineapples

Over the weekend I checked my local grocery store for pineapples. They had smallish ones that didn't smell very sweet to my nose. They whole lot was pretty sad, but priced at $4.99/pineapple. No thanks. Yesterday, I stopped in at Whole Foods Market for a fruit fix and kabobs:

  • Beef Top Sirloin Steak - $16.54
  • Vidalia Onion - $1.31
  • Red Bell Pepper - $2.89
  • Cherry Tomatoes - $2.99
  • Golden Pineapple (whole trade) - $3.99

$3.99?! I got two. One for kabobs and one for snacking. My WFM total was $27.72, which is a steal for six delicious beef kabobs.

2 comments:

EatPlayLove said...

You should check out the new sunflower market in boulder (26th and arapahoe)..they have fabulous produce deals, not always organic but better than WF for conventional produce prices.

LawSchoolMom said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I will check them out the next time I'm up there.