Friday, August 3, 2007

Green Leaves

You already know I'm a yarn snob and a paint snob, too. But, up until now I've closely guarded my secret love of gourmet tea. Yep, I'm one of those people who will gladly fork over $3 for an ounce of Cherry Rose Green Tea leaves. Yes, I live in the city of Celestial Seasonings but that's not tea suitable for my consumption - it's commercially processed and mass marketed; flavor is sacrificed for profit.

Besides, spending time in a tea shop is so much more fun than cruising the local supermarket, maneuvering a ginormous cart through aisles overstuffed with turkey basters and chip clips. My favorite tea shops have big comfortable chairs, board games, the latest indie music playing softly on the stereo and - of course - WiFi. It's a tea lover's dream come true.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, you and I are kindred spirits! ;) I have an entire kitchen cabinet full of mugs, tea and tea supplies. Teavana is my second home. Drinking some Tropical Rooibos with Jasmine Green Tea Pearls as we speak!!

LawSchoolMom said...

I LOVE my tea. Anytime is tea time in my house. :-0

saramel said...

Me too!! I buy all my tea online at Adagio and Culinary Teas. If anyone wants a $5 certificate for Adagio Teas send me your email address and I'll send you one.